DAMAGE CONTROL CLOSURE LOG
use of CCOL software is required as available per the
requirements of NSTM, chapter 079, chapter 2.
Learning Objective: Recall the purpose of the damage
Other responsibilities assigned ship personnel are
control closure log and how to use it correctly.
All ships are required to prepare and maintain a
· Division officers are responsible for maintaining
damage control closure log (fig. 3-18). To complete
the list in good physical condition.
your General Damage Control PQS, you are required to
know what the damage control closure log is and how to
· The commanding officer, assisted by the DCA,
use it correctly. Strict discipline must be maintained in
is responsible for filling in the column marked
the modification of a material condition of readiness. As
mentioned before, you must obtain permission before
· The divisions concerned are responsible for
you change a material condition setting in any way.
securing fittings that are classified as XRAY or
Obtain the permission from the DCA or the OOD.
During GQ, repair party officers control the opening and
closing of all fittings in their assigned areas. The repair
· The ship's repair parties are responsible for
party officers must keep DCC informed so the ship's
securing ZEBRA fittings.
damage control closure log can be kept up-to-date.
The closure log is maintained at all times, whether
the ship is in port or underway. The closure log is used
to show the following:
· Where the existing material condition of
All compartments must have a CCOL
permanently posted within them in clear
readiness has been modified.
view of the space access.
· The fitting's type, number, and classification.
· The name, rate, and division of the person who
requested permission to open or close the fitting.
· The date and time the fitting was opened or
When a compartment has more than one
entrance, duplicate CCOLs must be posted
· The date and time the fitting was returned to its
at each entrance.
specified material condition of readiness setting.
· The name and rate/rank of the person granting
D.C. CLOSURE LOG
IN ACCORDANCE WITH OPNAVINST 3120.32
IDENTIFICATION OF FITTING
TYPE CLASSIFI- NUMBER
Figure 3-18. Damage Control Closure Log record sheet.