· Failure to close watertight doors when evacuating the affected space.
· Failure to activate the HALON system.
· Entering affected space before elapse of 15-minute soak time.
7. PLUGMAN DCTT will close fire station cutout valve after the hose has been charged and disclose satisfactory
agent test after agent test has been attempted. BOUNDARYMAN DCTT will ensure that boundarymen identify all
locked spaces while setting boundaries and mark with Boundary Set sign after boundaryman attempts to gain
8. TORCH will disclose fire contained when the hose team has demonstrated aggressive hose handling by
attacking the fire.
9. TORCH will disclose fire out when the hose team demonstrates hose handling techniques that can be expected
to extinguish a fire.
GENERAL DRILL PRECAUTIONS:
1. Observe personnel dressed in fire-fighter's ensembles for signs of heat stress. Pay particular attention to
personnel who activate OBAs.
2. Ensure that when hoses are charged they are secured at the plug and that equipment is not inadvertently sprayed.
Tie wrap nozzle in the SHUT position.
3. Ensure that EEBDs and OBA canisters are properly handled and disposed of.
4. One person on a ladder at a time and one hand should be on the handrail at all times.
5. Ensure overhaul equipment is handled carefully.
6. Ensure DCTT is positioned to prevent activation of unauthorized equipment.
OBA ACTIVATION and OBSERVATION:
An example of an observation is as follows:
· Boundaryman in CPO mess/galley observed by ET1 Bluejacket.
"I am removing the canister's cover, inserting canister,
lifting bail assembly to seat canister, and pulling the
lanyard to activate canister."
"I am pulling the pin and actuating the lever assembly
"I am actuating the CO2 cartridge to charge the PKP
Reentry AFFF H/R COV
"I am unlocking lock device to rotate valve to OPEN
position charging hose."
"I am actuating the nozzle bail assembly."
NOTE: Self-simulation shall be used by the watch stander to prevent inadvertent activation of damage control
equipment during drills. This shall be as described or words to that effect which effectively describe the watch