material, if necessary, and submitting a report of
5. Send a copy to COMOMAG in the next
discrepancy (ROD). If the material is still required, you
must reorder it.
There may be times when you receive only a partial
shipment of the material you ordered. If this happens,
Report of Discrepancy
you should follow the above steps upon the receipt of
the material, but you should maintain the signed
Shipping or packaging discrepancies that are the
receipt in the outstanding requisition file until you
responsibility of the shipper, the contractor, the
receive the rest of the shipment.
manufacturer, or the vendor should be reported on
Report of Discrepancy (ROD) (Standard Form 364), as
shown in figures 2-9A and 2-9B. The ROD is used to
The Navy maintains in its inventory many items
determine the cause of such discrepancies, to initiate
that could easily be converted to personal use. Because
corrective action, and to prevent the problem from
of this, you must ensure that all items at your command
reoccurring. Detailed instructions for and the types of
are properly accounted for and properly safe-guarded.
discrepancies reported on this form are found in
Two key words that you must always keep in mind are
chapter 4 of NAVSUP P-485.
responsibility and accountability. This section
discusses some of the items and areas of material
Completed Requisition Processing
The requisition files that you maintain in your
Plant Property Classes
supply department actually consist of six files: both
outstanding and completed files for OPTAR, mine
For managerial, financial, and technical control
maintenance, and APA. These files are maintained in
purposes, plant property items used by the Navy are
divided into the following four classes:
order of fiscal year, Julian date, and serial number.
1. Land Plant Property, Class 1
When material is received, it is accompanied by a
variety of paperwork, depending on how the material
2. Buildings, Structure, and Utilities Plant
was shipped, the type of material requested, and the
Property, Class 2
issuing. You must remember to accomplish the
3. E q u i p m e n t ( o t h e r t h a n i n d u s t r i a l p l a n t
following three steps when the initial receipt of items is
equipment) Plant Property, Class 3
determined to be a complete shipment:
4. Industrial Plant Equipment Plant Property,
1. Date the document upon receipt.
2. Circle the quantity accepted.
Normally, you will encounter only class 3 plant
property at MOMAU units or detachments. To decide
3. Sign the document to indicate the receipt.
if an item is classified as plant property, apply the
Once the material is received, it is vital that all
paperwork be completed. Take the following steps to
· The item has an expected normal useful life of 2
accomplish this task:
years or more.
1. Ensure that the material is posted in the
· The item may be used in the furtherance of the
FASTDATA system or to the ROLMS file as
assigned mission of an activity, including the
applicable. See COMOMAGINST 4000.1 for
functions of all subordinate subdivisions.
additional information and changes.
· The item cannot be altered beyond further use as
2. Annotate the paperwork with the word posted,
an equipment item in performance of work
sign it, and date the document as of the date it
within its designed capabilities.
· T h e i t e m i s N OT T O B E c o n s u m e d i n
3. Annotate the correct stowage location.
performance of its work.
4. Attach a completed copy of the shipping
· The item is NOT TO BE in an inventory account
document to the outstanding requisition and file
of the supply system.
it in the completed requisition file.