USS MCKINNEY and USS McINTIRE are in company with USS MILLER. The battle group has been ordered to
enter the Eastern Mediterranean to escort friendly ships and join the UN force. USS MILLER has been assigned to
the group to ensure a mine-free operating area in littoral waters. Macadamia poses a limited surface and air threat to
Navy vessels. Surface-to-surface missile sites have been sighted along the shorelines in increasing numbers.
FAMILIARIZATION AND TRAINING
DCTT OBSERVATION DCTT GRADING
WALK THRU/TALK THRU
DRILL COORDINATION DETAILS:
1. DCTT will use Channel 11 (ESRS) on walkie-talkies.
2. DCA/EOOW will use 1MC in CCS to pass actual casualties. The on-scene leader, locker leader, and CCS
will use NETS 80, 81, 82, and 86 to pass drill information.
SEQUENCE OF EVENTS:
1. Incoming missiles will drive ship to general quarters. Hit ALPHA, Hit BRAVO will penetrate the skin of the
ship at the waterline, port side, and frames 215 and 259. The main machinery rooms will sustain major structural
damage. Communication to the sea and firemain piping causes progressive flooding in both spaces, and in Main 2,
lube oil leaking from the storage tanks will erupt into a class BRAVO fire involving the entire port side of the space.
2. Three DCTT members will be in Main 1 disclosing (a) large boom at Hit ALPHA and Hit BRAVO, (b) 4 feet
6-inch hole in port bulkhead mid level, frame 215, (c) firemain rupture at frame 215, (d) progressive flooding.
3. Four DCTT members will be in Main 2 disclosing (a) large boom at Hit ALPHA and Hit BRAVO, (b) 4 feet
6-inch hole in port bulkhead mid level at frame 259, (c) firemain rupture at frame 259, (d) progressive flooding, (e)
large class BRAVO fire.
PREVIOUS DRILL'S DISCREPANCIES:
Lockers over responding to size of casualty
Setting ZEBRA (+16)
OBA LIGHTOFF: NONE
Following personnel will actually lightoff OBA
Following DCTT member will observe OBA lightoff: