Figure 5-68.-Progress of a working sketch.
dimensions. (Refer to the working sketch in
7. Draw all necessary extension and dimen-
fig. 5-68.) In sketching, progress as follows:
8. Letter in the dimensions. (See fig. 5-68,
1. Draw the center lines, as shown in figure
5-68, view A.
2. Block in the views.
You can see that a working sketch such as the
3. Draw the outlines, aligning them as in
one shown in figure 5-68 could easily be followed
figure 5-68, view B.
in preparing a finished drawing of the object.
4. Add the details on the surface of the views.
The sketch provides you with all the necessary
5. Darken the lines of the finished sketch.
information needed on the finished drawing.
6. Use an art gum or a kneaded eraser to erase
the construction lines, which are no longer
needed. If necessary, touch up the lines you may
Often it will be more convenient,
have inadvertently erased.
necessary, to prepare isometric or